Department: Business Administration
Reports to: Pastor of Business Administration
Employment Type: Salary, Full-Time, Exempt
– Monday: 8am – 5pm
– Tuesday: 8am – 5pm
– Wednesday: 8am – 5pm
– Thursday: 8am – 5pm
– Friday: 8am – 5pm
Summary of Position
The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department of Victory Life Church including its financial operations, procedures, and policies.
- Oversee the daily workflow of the department, including scheduling staff.
- Perform the duties of time-clock administration for each staff position listed above.
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations, including annual written feedback.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Provide daily oversight and management of the Church’s Business Operations.
- Manage employees and handle personnel issues that may arise.
- Continually watch and manage cash accounts, projects, and communicate to the Pastor of Business Administration concerns and opportunities.
- Work with Pastor of Business Administration to review and approve all contracts and lease agreements.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements for Pastor of Business Administration’s review.
- Establish timelines for the preparation of annual budget projections.
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets for each location.
- Communicate various financial information to respective department heads.
- Maintain insurance schedule and reconcile to financial statements.
- Implement applicable policies and procedures.
- File required annual tax filings for the ministry.
- Maintain accounting software including dashboard creation, financial report building, and implement new features as they are released.
- Coordinate all loan agreements/refinances with loan officer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Must be a team player: humble, hungry, and smart.
- Thorough understanding and agreement with the values of Victory Life Church.
- Existing proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong and timely verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive thinker – able to identify and resolve issues before they begin, if possible.
- Strong attention to detail, proficient organizational skills and must possess a teachable spirit.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field required.
- Two years of experience working with financial statement preparation required.
- CPA license or CPA-seeking candidate preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience leading or serving on a Grow Team or Life Group preferred.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the ministry.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by Victory Life Church in its sole discretion.