Department: Business Administration
Reports to: Accounts Payable Manager
Employment Type: Hourly, Part-Time, Non-Exempt
The Accounts Payable Clerk administers and manages all vendor payable accounts. Using analytical and problem-solving skills, they pay vendors timely and accurately, auditing statements as necessary for accuracy and communicating inconsistencies appropriately.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Ensure vendor accounts are paid in a timely manner and in accordance with ministry policies and procedures.
- Work closely with vendors using a high level of customer service to reconcile accounts for multiple locations.
- Audit and close purchase requests for accuracy and payment details.
- Process checks to settle accounts weekly.
- Record journal entries, online transfers and bank drafts, as required.
- Display a high level of confidentiality in alignment with ministry guiding principles, behaviors and core values.
- Foster and cultivate a culture of excellence, fun and teamwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Must be a team player: humble, hungry, and smart.
- Thorough understanding and agreement with the values of Victory Life Church.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Basic understanding of accounting and auditing principles.
- Proactive, analytical, problem-solver – able to identify and resolve issues before they begin, if possible.
- Highly organized and strong time-management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong and timely verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team setting.
- Strong attention to detail, proficient organizational skills and a teachable spirit.
Education and Experience
- A College degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
- Three years’ experience in accounts payable or general accounting required.
- Experience leading or serving on a Grow Team or Life Group preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to access and navigate accounting office areas.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the ministry.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by Victory Life Church in its sole discretion.