Reports to: Greg Halley
Employment Type: Full-Time, Hourly Non-Exempt
Summary of Position:
The Camp Victory grounds & maintenance person is responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of the camp property. They need to understand how to use different types of tools and equipment as well as keep the property safe. They are also responsible to ensure campers; wedding parties and any other visitors have a memorable experience.
- Keep the lawn mowed and neat at all times
- Keep trails and paths cleared
- Keep trees trimmed and dead ones removed
- Keep roads in good condition
- Create weekly task list
- Maintain equipment in good condition
- Report on any damages or security issues to any building or structure
- Friendly and courteous to all visitors and personnel
- Expected to work most weekends and holiday’s during camp grounds reservations
- Keep all cabins and structures stocked with paper items, soap, etc.
- H.S./GED. But not required
- Previous experience in cleaning, maintenance, or other related fields
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills; honest & trustworthy
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to talk and hear. The staff member is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; taste or smell.
- Work will require tasks in all weather conditions including sun, rain, snow, ice, mud, wind.
- The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
*This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the ministry.
*Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by Victory Life Church in its sole discretion.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.