Position Title: Staff Accountant
Department: Accounting Department
Reports to: Central Accounting Director
Employment Type: Full Time – 40 hours weekly
Pay Range: $40,000 – $45,000
Summary of Position:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for reconciling the General Ledger for four Corporations and to assist with budget creation, budget analysis, and carry out business administration tasks.
- Ensure timely close of books each month
- Responsible for preparing interim financial statements on a monthly basis
- Analyze monthly Actual vs. Budget comparisons
- Complete monthly Sales Tax reporting in multiple states
- Assist Accounting Director with external financial statement preparation for third parties on an annual basis.
- Assist Accounting Director with special projects as needed.
- Reconcile all General Ledger accounts
Technical /Functional Competencies:
- Strong functional Excel experience
- Provides excellent customer service to managers, team members, and agencies by researching and resolving questions related to budgets variances, general ledger account balances and inquiries from locations regarding their account balances.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls in accordance with policy
- Looks for areas of improvement to ensure efficient and effective processing
- Provides information for monthly key performance indicators
- Display strong ethics and sense of confidentiality
- Assists in special projects as required.
- Able to work in and learn new programs easily and quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Accounting
- OR Associates degree in accounting with 5 years of prior work experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in Financial Preparation and Budgeting preferred.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel.
- Working knowledge of Accounting, Journal Entries, and GAAP
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
*This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the ministry.
*Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by Victory Life Church in its sole discretion.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.