What to Expect
Service lasts about 60mins. Have children 11 years or younger? Have youth ages 12-18 years?
We understand how hard this season has been and we’re praying for God’s guidance and wisdom in all of the choices you face in the weeks ahead. In preparation for meeting in our building, we have been monitoring the Governor’s recommendations and are taking the following steps to observe the guidelines:
- We will continue diligently cleaning and disinfecting our facilities before each service.
- We will have Hug/No-Hug stickers available to wear to avoid any awkward conversations.
- Masks are available but not required. As always, we want to honor each person’s convictions.
- We are closing rows and adding additional space for social distancing in our sanctuary.
- We will have kids, preschool, and nursery operational for the 11am Sunday Service.
- Cleaned and disinfected surfaces.
- For touch free kids check-in, we will have a kids’ team member check in your children at the check-in station.
- Kids are always welcome to join us in the main services, if you do not feel comfortable having them in class at this time.
- Offering time will be at the end of worship and can be given in the buckets provided at the back of the sanctuary. Giving is also available via the app and online.
- At this time, we will not be offering coffee, water or snacks but feel free to bring your own!
- If you, or someone in your family, is running a fever of 100 or more, or feeling ill, we ask that you please stay home, but also let us know. We want to pray for you and help in any way we can.
- Sunday services will last about 60mins, usually starting with 2-3 songs followed by a 40min message.
- First Wednesday of every month will last about 60mins, usually starting with 2-3 songs followed by a 40min message. Every other Wednesday will be Life Group Nights not held at the Church Campus.
- For the 9am Sunday services and the 1st Wednesday services, they will be Family nights where kids and youth join the congregation in the sactuary. No kids ministry will be available during these services.
The VLKids check-in stations are located in the Kid’s Ministry building to the right of the main building in the foyer area. A team member will be available to help make your first kids’ check-in experience as smooth as possible.
When checking in for the first time, we will ask for some basic information about your family including contact information, how many children are in your family, their ages, etc.
Once checked in, you will receive check-in stickers. Place the first name tag on your child’s shirt and give the second name tag to the teacher when they check into class. If you have a diaper bag, you will get a tag for that as well. Keep the sticker with the barcode on it for yourself.
Classrooms are broken up by the following ages:
- 0-2yrs, 3-5yrs and 6-11yrs.
- Drop off for birth to 11yrs old begins 15mins before the service begins.
- All kids experience safe, age-appropriate environments where they learn about Jesus in creative and relevant ways – including praise and worship, video lessons, easy scripture memorization, and fun activities.
If we need to contact you during the service, we will send you a text on your phone.
AFTER SERVICE CHECK OUT
Kid’s ministry checkout begins immediately after the adult service is dismissed.
Please bring the barcoded sticker receipt that printed out with your children’s name tag to your child’s classroom with you. The teacher will scan the barcode to ensure that your children are only released to the person who checked them into class.
- Our Youth meet in the small auditorium building located to the immediate right of the main building (facing the building) on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm. Doors are marked.
- On the first Wednesday of the month, youth join with the adult service. For the remaining Wednesday nights, youth meet for small groups discussion in the youth building.