What to Expect
Service lasts about 90mins.
- Sunday service lasts about 90mins usually starting with 3 songs followed by a 40-45min message.
- Our 1st Wednesday service opens with 2 songs followed by a 30-35min message.
- The rest of the Wednesday services for the month will be either Community Outreach or Life Group nights, not held in the church building.
Have children 11 years or younger?
The VL Kids check-in stations are located in the hallway on the right side as you enter the building. A team member will be available to help make your first kids’ check-in experience as smooth as possible.
When checking in for the first time, we will ask for some basic information about your family including contact information, how many children are in your family, their ages, etc.
Once checked in, you will receive check-in stickers. Place the first name tag on your child’s shirt and give the second name tag to the teacher when they check into class. If you have a diaper bag, you will get a tag for that as well. Keep the sticker with the barcode on it for yourself.
Classrooms are broken up by the following ages:
- 0-2yrs, 3-5yrs and 6-11yrs.
- Drop off for birth to 2yrs old begins 15mins before the service begins.
- 3-11yrs old join us in the main service for worship. Drop off begins during the fellowship break after worship.
- All kids experience safe, age-appropriate environments where they learn about Jesus in creative and relevant ways – including praise and worship, video lessons, easy scripture memorization, and fun activities.
If we need to contact you during the service, we will send you a text on your phone. Birth to 5yrs old classrooms have pagers available. If you received a pager when you checked your child into their classroom, we will attempt to page you before texting/calling you.
AFTER SERVICE CHECK OUT
Kid’s ministry checkout begins immediately after the adult service is dismissed.
Please bring the barcoded sticker receipt that printed out with your children’s name tag to your child’s classroom with you. The teacher will scan the barcode to ensure that your children are only released to the person who checked them into class.
Have youth ages 12-18 years?
- Our Youth meet in the small building to the left of the main building (facing the building) on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm.
- Service starts at 6:30pm but doors open at 6pm for free flow fun activities before service. A typical youth service flow is 2 songs and 20 min message, followed by breaking into small groups for discussion.
- All of our services are created to allow for youth to grow in their relationship with God and others in a fun and engaging atmosphere.