What to Expect
Services last a little over an hour.
- Weekend services last about 75mins usually starting with 3 contemporary-style songs followed by a 55-60 minute teaching.
Have children 11 years or younger?
Kids check-in stations are located in the hallway to the right of the lobby. A team member will be available to help make your first kids’ check-in experience as smooth as possible.
When checking in for the first time, we will ask for some basic information about your family including contact information, how many children are in your family, their ages, etc.
Once checked in, you will receive check-in stickers. Place the first name tag on your child’s shirt and give the second name tag to the teacher when they check into class. If you have a diaper bag, you will get a tag for that as well. Keep the sticker with the barcode on it for yourself.
Classrooms are broken up by the following ages:
- Infants & Crawlers, Walkers, 3yrs, 4-5yrs, 6-8yrs, and 9-11yrs.
- Drop off for birth to 11yrs old begins 15mins before the service begins.
- All kids experience safe, age-appropriate environments where they learn about Jesus in creative and relevant ways – including praise and worship, video lessons, easy scripture memorization, and fun activities.
If we need to contact you during the service, we will send you a text on your phone. Birth to Walkers classrooms have pagers available. If you received a pager when you checked your child into their classroom, we will attempt to page you before texting/calling you.
AFTER SERVICE CHECK OUT
Kids ministry checkout begins immediately after the adult service is dismissed.
Please bring the barcoded sticker receipt that is printed out with your children’s name tag to your child’s classroom with you. The teacher will scan the barcode to ensure that your children are only released to the person who checked them into class.
Have youth ages 12-18 years?
- Youth meet every Wednesday upstairs in the loft located at the end of the VLKids hallway.
- Service starts at 6pm. Typical flow of service consists of dinner and games followed by 2-3 songs of worship followed by 15-20mins message followed by a time of relational discussion in a small group setting.
- Wednesday services are created to allow for youth to grow in their relationship with God and others in a fun and engaging atmosphere.